From the s to the s, Perkasie grew rapidly, becoming a transportation and cultural center and drawing crowds with commerce, industry, summer retreats, and even an amusement park.
Perkasie Post Office - Perkasie, PA - history
Through nearly vintage postcards, Perkasie chronicles the expansion of this once small town as well as its impact on neighboring rural communities such as Rockhill, Bedminster, and Silverdale. The postcards in this book re-create a visual memory of the economic and social changes that worked to shape this dynamic community. Jurin is a lifetime resident of the Perkasie area.
A former social studies teacher and supervisor, he has long developed his love of local history by collecting postcards and working to make history alive and relevant in people's lives. See All Customer Reviews.
Shop Books. Read an excerpt of this book! Add to Wishlist.
USD Sign in to Purchase Instantly. Mere hints of shelf wear, essentially as issued. Soft cover.
Stiff illus. Stated 4th ed. As issued. Charleston, SC: Arcadia Publishing, As New. Stiff pictorial wraps.
Postcard History: Perkasie by Ivan J. Jurin (2008, Paperback)
As issued.. Dark red polished paper covered boards, lettered in gold foil. New, as issued. Stiff pale yellow wraps, lettered in dark blue.
Series: Postcard History Series
Firm, square binding, clean interior. A very scarce Bucks County history.. Signed By Editor. Gray cloth, lettered in gold foil. Minor rubbing to corners and spine extremities.
- Lieutenant Nun: Memoir of a Basque Transvestite in the New World;
- Globalizing the Postcolony: Contesting Discourses of Gender and Development in Francophone Africa (After the Empire: The Francophone World and Postcolonial France).
- The God That Claims Me!
- Join Kobo & start eReading today.
- Staying on the Path (Hay House Lifestyles)!
- Walnut Street Bridge Perkasie, PA!
Folding warrant map shows corner creasing and short closed tear; occasional pencil marks in margin throughout text. Signed by editor Berky on half-title, full signature, dated Mar. Moderate wear with rubbed corners, spine extremities, joints.
Items in search results
Ex-institutional historical society library copy. Decent reference copy.. Slight wear to corners, essentially as issued. Gettysburg, PA: Thomas Publications, Black color illus. Mild rubbing to edges, a bit of handling wear. Thanks to the generosity of our donors, these images are available for us all to enjoy. Perkasie Historical Society.
- PERKASIE, Pennsylvania, 00-10s; Trinity Lutheran Church.
- Muy Linda.
- Dublin-Perkasie, Deep Run Presbyterian Church?
- Sleeping Roses: A Contemporary Romantic Suspense Sleeping Beauty Retelling.
- Postcard History: Perkasie by Ivan J. Jurin (, Paperback) for sale online | eBay.
- Alderfer Online - Bucks County Farmhouse & Barn Contents - Perkasie, PA: Closing 6-7-18?
All are welcome to attend our carousel openings, meetings, and other community activities. Come join the Historical Society and help us acquire and preserve History! Yes, I want to join the Society! Meetings and Events The Perkasie Historical Society has regular dinner meetings featuring a speaker or program.